DAILY MARKET REPORT 3RD JANUARY 2019
- At the close of today’s Trading session, the Nigerian equities Bourse declined further by 0.96% as measured by NSE ASI and Market capitalization, as they both closed at 30,771.32 points and N11,474.90tr respectively. Year-to-Date ASI is at a negative of 0.96%.
- Volume, Value of trades both declined by 21.09% and 27.79%, while No of trades increased by 28.91% to 169.190 Units, N1,128.04B and 3,683 Deals respectively.
- FO topped the gainers’ table with percentage price change of 9.64%, while GLAXOSMITH led the losers’ chart with percentage change of 10.00%
- Market breadth was NEGATIVE with Thirteen (13) gainers against Twenty-four (24) price losers.
Money and Fixed Income Market
- The OBB and OVN rate closed at 14.08% and 14.92%, as system liquidity was boosted with Net inflows from OMO.
- The Bond market recorded a compression of about 3bps, this was as a result of increased interest on long maturity Bond however the yield on Medium and Short Maturity Bond remained Stable.
- The T-Bills trade sell pressure recorded at the short end of the curve given the OMO auction, which send a bearish fever to the T-Bills Market.
China cuts banks' reserve ratios by 100 bps as economy slows. Read More