FCSL DAILY MARKET REPORT 14TH JANUARY, 2019
- At the close of today’s trading session, which was extended by one hour due to the earlier technology glitch, the Nigerian equities Bourse Inched higher by 0.45% as measured by NSE ASI and Market capitalization, as they both closed at 29,964.79 points and N11,174.14tr respectively. Year-to-Date ASI is at a negative of 3.56%.
- Volume, Value of trades and No of trades all declined by 35.82%, 60.49% and 28.15% to 132.408, 1,085.70 and 2,542.00 Deals respectively.
- FIRSTALUM topped the gainers’ table with percentage price change of 9.09%, while LINKASSURE led the losers’ chart with percentage change of 9.23%
- Market breadth was EVEN with Eleven (11) gainers and Eleven (11) price losers.
Money and Fixed Income Market
- The OBB and OVN rate closed on a high of 31.67% and 35.25%, while system liquidity is in the negative region of about N225.BN
- The Bond market recorded some level of demand towards the medium- long tenured bond, while yield decline by about 2bps.
- The T-bills market recorded some relative decline in yield, as some bills had market player’s preference, ahead of expected auction.
ECB's Nowotny Urges Caution on Rate Increases as Growth Slows. READ MORE